Re: Slink to Potato

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 03:52:47PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> I've been slowly upgrading my packages from slink to potato, and
> frankly, have never had a single problem.  I was nervous about upgrading
> perl, because I've seen all sorts of veiled references to possible
> hosage (although I've never seen a concise statement of the actual
> problem), but eventually I just did it, and removed the old perl.
> Result?  No problems, everything seems to work perfectly.  Perhaps there
> are a few packages that crash and burn, but I apparently don't use any
> of them.

How are you doing this?  Do you just go get the packages and 'dpkg -i' them
or do you use apt?  There are a bunch of things I want to upgrade on my
system but I assumed that all of the potato packages would have dependencies
to library versions I don't have and that updating my libraries would
break slink packages that I do have.