Re: Slink to Potato

longship@keyway.net writes:
> When I talked with some Debian folks at Linux World, they indicated
> that Potato was fairly stable and that I could safely upgrade a Slink
> installation to Potato without problems.  However, when looking at the
> mailing list archives, it seems that it isn't so.  For one, perl and
> everything it depends on is broken.  Ooops!

I've been slowly upgrading my packages from slink to potato, and
frankly, have never had a single problem.  I was nervous about upgrading
perl, because I've seen all sorts of veiled references to possible
hosage (although I've never seen a concise statement of the actual
problem), but eventually I just did it, and removed the old perl.
Result?  No problems, everything seems to work perfectly.  Perhaps there
are a few packages that crash and burn, but I apparently don't use any
of them.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche