Re: [Linux: CD] How to make ???

Hello,

with 'Lite' I mean if I run 'install.bat' or 'deselect' that I have
not to choose from around 2700 packages. I will make it simpel because
I am in creation of 'InterLUGfG' which means 'International Linux User
Group for Girls' in Strasbourg.

And I like to make a CD with the minimum for learning and fast installation.
I have downloaded StarOffice and it is around 75 MByte.

And yes, the licences...
There is a problem with the source-codes but I can put it on a second CD

The Licence for StarOffice is checked already with SUN.  ;-))

Oh yes, I like to make preselect the deselect for the packages so new
users should choose 'Complete installation' and thats all.

I have ALL availlable HowTo's in english, german, french and italien.
Ther are some dotzend MBytes...

Oh yes, I think I must look at http://www.linuxberg.com/ for some useful
programs and possible some easy to use Servers (all in one solutions).

And then, I have the 4-CD-Set of Debian 2.1 Slink and the girls in my
group are gone confused with all the packages. I think 'cheapbytes' will
be the same as my 4 CD's

Thanks for your answer

Michelle

At 02:59 22.09.1999 -0700, you wrote
--------> This was the original Message:
MK>Heh, 'lite' and {KDE, StarOffice, Netscape, GIMP} do not seem to be words
MK>that I would associate... :) KDE takes up much space and depends on qt,
MK>netscape, well, I don't know what it takes, StarOffice seems to take over
MK>141 megs on my system, the installer is 80 megs, GIMP depends on gtk... It
MK>all adds up quickly.
MK>
MK>If you plan on distributing this CD, the licences might require you to make
MK>available CDs with the sources for these programs. They might not.
Please do

--------> The Reply begins not here, it is at the beginning ^