Re: [Linux: CD] How to make ???

Heh, 'lite' and {KDE, StarOffice, Netscape, GIMP} do not seem to be words
that I would associate... :) KDE takes up much space and depends on qt,
netscape, well, I don't know what it takes, StarOffice seems to take over
141 megs on my system, the installer is 80 megs, GIMP depends on gtk... It
all adds up quickly.

If you plan on distributing this CD, the licences might require you to make
available CDs with the sources for these programs. They might not. Please do
check up on this... :)

When I think of the things that I would like to have on a CD, I think a gcc
might be nice to have. For the ftp client, I would suggest ftp, lftp, and
ncftp. There might be nice X based ones, but I don't know.. You might want
to include some of the nice documentation (eg, programming languages,
HOWTOs, etc..) if space is left.

But, when you can get a two cd set from cheapbytes, why make your own? :)