Re: brand spanken new user

soul writes:
> Ok, i been reading the stuff about PPP connections. it says to put my
> conn file in /dir this and /dir that. but how do i get it to actually see
> my modem and dial the number i want it to.

You don't have to try to understand all that stuff now.  Just run
pppconfig, answer the questions, and then use 'pon' to start the connection
and 'poff' to stop it.  pppconfig is in the base system along with ppp and
gets run by the install script.

If you already ran pppconfig and are still having trouble post the details
here and we will try to help you.
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.