Re: brand spanken new user

> Soul Existance wrote:
>
> Ok, few questions that i cant seem to find answers for....
>
> 1)  how do i access my fd0? i fdmount fd0 /floppy and it shows me the
> dir one time, then i have to relog in and do it again to change
> disks...
This is normal: you must mount and unmount from the command line at your
stage of installation. You will nedd to recompile your kernel to enable
the use of autoloaders. There are several.

> 2)  Ok, i been reading the stuff about PPP connections. it says to put
> my conn file in /dir this and /dir that. but how do i get it to
> actually see my modem and dial the number i want it to. i've been
> working on this all night. cant do it.. would sure like to have it to
> finish my install instead of on a pile of floppies. makes to be so
> much easier.
>
> soul
To make this easier, you should install wvdial and do not use pppupd
(remove it if it is installed). From there you should be able to use
dselect with the apt menu selection to install anything you want.
Good Luck!!
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems