Re: manual use of e2fsck to repair dev/hdbx

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 06:27:33PM +0000, John wrote:

> My /usr filesystem was also file-checked (I think in the normal routine
> manner). I haven't seen any reference yet to, the basis on which this is
> done, the 'maximal' referred to, and how and where is it set.

This can be done using the tune2fs command on a filesystem not mounted
read-write.  The -i option sets the interval as a time period while -C
sets the number of mounts.  The filesystem will also be checked if it
wasn't unmounted cleanly (for example, if the power went out without
the system being shut down).

To be able to mount all the filesystems read-only you may need to go
into single user mode (eg, by saying "telinit 1" as root).

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/