Re: manual use of e2fsck to repair dev/hdbx

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 04:45:43PM +0000, John wrote:

> At this stage root password is asked for, and a prompt '(none):~# appears.
>
> Remounting read-write using the commands given results in a warning recommending
> running e2fsck, and showing the following errors which I do not understand and
> cannot
> deal with (Ihave a copy of the e2fsck manual page, but nothing seems relevant):-

As Oliver suggested, just run fsck on the filesystem and agree with
everything it suggests.  One important thing, though: don't mount the
filesystem read/write until *after* you've done this.  If you mount it
read/write before then you run the risk of disk corruption.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/