Re: sb live card under debian

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 09:08:39AM -0700, wim@netmaster.ca wrote:

> Your wrong.  I have a SoundBlaster Live! (Value!), and it works fine under
> kernel 2.2.11.  Simply get the module from
> http://developer.soundblaster.com/linux/.  The README with it says that it will
> only work for kernels 2.0.36 or 2.2.5 or 2.2.10, but I got it to work with
> insmod -f emu10k1.o.  Make sure that you have no other modules loaded.  You
> only want the sound core module loaded.

Aren't you afraid of insmod'ing something precompiled from the closed source
by someone else?
My rule is not to install any closed source root suid programs and kernel
modules.
I don't want bugs or trojan horses running on ring 0.
--
	                      Wojciech M. Zabolotny
	http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab  <--> wzab@ise.pw.edu.pl

http://www.debian.org  Use Linux - save your data and time