Re: sb live card under debian

"Jim Ruby" <jim@djruby.org> writes:

> Is there a driver for the sound blaster live card?
> I have the sb.o module installed but don't quite get how to get it started,
> it says i/o icq and dma is required.
>
> so I'm not show to do the i/o as it don't like i as an argument.
>
> modprobe i=6500 o=651f irq=9 dma=1

As far as I know the SBLive is completely unusable under Linux, and
Creative Labs is refusing to give any programming info for the card so
there may not be a free-software driver in the near future.

But you can get good PCI cards that are supported for about $20 now,
so it's not that big a deal.  See www.alsa-project.org for one list of
supported cards.