more info on cfdisk problem

here is the posting that i sent yesterday.  it directly relates
to the problem i'm having with cfdisk.

i am trying to install debian linux.  i got the distribution from the
'Debian GNU/Linux Guide to Installation and Usage' book.

i followed the instructions using FIPS to partition my hard drive.  the
drive is a 25 GB drive.  the partitioning of DOS partitions seems to have
worked okay.  i am running windows 98 second edition, and the operating
system recognizes the smaller disk partition after running FIPS.  FIPS
seems to have written the partition table okay because i can run FIPS -t
and it works fine.

when i run linux cfdisk, i go to partition the hard drive to create linux
partitions, and i get the following message:

        FATAL ERROR:  Bad primary partition
    Press any key to exit fdisk

i can 'view partitions' with cfdisk.  it shows me that there are 2 FAT32
partitions on my hard disk.

so, what's up with this??

any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Duggan Dieterly                                    voice: (970) 898-7906
Software Design Engr                               fax:   (970) 898-3684