Re: Fresh install questions

Hi Ron,

"Local" packages are exactly that.  If you create your own Packages.gz
file and .deb files and keep them locally (usually developers do this)
then you can determine where the "local" packages are kept in this step.

I'm not sure exactly where your configuration isn't working in the
"Install" step, especially since you get an instant error message.

Make sure you selected the "multi_cd" option in the Access step and you
have the "Binary #2" CD-ROM in the drive.

I assume the CD-ROM is working: Did you boot from CD-ROM or floppy?

Keep asking questions, we'll keep trying to help!