Re: finding xawtv (was Re: where's a good howto for dpkg?)

>Yeah! Silly them they put it in the readme files :-)
>
>Windoze never uses them do they?

Lost me on this one. There are 15 readme files on cd#1 and seven readme
files on cd#2, I read them all. None of them tell me xawtv is on cd#2.  I
don't understand what you meant.

BTW, since I couldn't figure out how to find the xawtv deb on the cdrom,
let alone install it, I went ahead and downloaded xawtv and installed the
downloaded .deb  Maybe some day I'll figure out how to successfully install
debs that do not show up as packages in dselect searches.

Thanks

Give a skeptic an inch... and he'll measure it.