finding xawtv (was Re: where's a good howto for dpkg?)

>Are you saying that you put binary 2 disk in your cdrom; executed dselect
from a
>command prompt; went through the steps Access, Update and Select; and
xawtv wasn't
>found listed under "xtr  x11"?
>
>It should be there, at least thats where it is on my slink cheapbytes CD.

dang, I thought debian would prompt me to put in cd2 if it wanted it (like
installing from many windows cd's). It never occurred to me to mount cd2
and then try installing xawtv from it.

So I put binary 2 in mounted it and then dselect, then updated, then select
and  guess what. xawtv didn't show up.  x11 section is there but xawtv
isn't in the package list, at least I couldn't find it. I tried '/' to find
x11 and xtr and then scrolled through the list.  Neither turned up xawtv.

I have slink.

Give a skeptic an inch... and he'll measure it.