Re: where's a good howto for dpkg?

André Bell wrote:

> I'm having "issues" trying to install single applications from the cdrom.
> For example I can't find xawtv using dselect on the cdrom so I can install
> xawtv to my harddrive.

Are you saying that you put binary 2 disk in your cdrom; executed dselect from a
command prompt; went through the steps Access, Update and Select; and xawtv wasn't
found listed under "xtr  x11"?

It should be there, at least thats where it is on my slink cheapbytes CD.

By the way, I did notice a note that says it's only for development kernels 2.1.xx.
Are you sure it will work with your kernel?

John