Re: Netscape

Greg Starkes wrote:

> Ryan Chouinard wrote:
> >
> > I always hear people complain about Netscape crashing, but I never had
> > that problem, except in Windows. But then, everything crashes in
> > Windows. Netscape works fine for me in RH, Slackware, and now Debian.
> > What's the deal?
>
> I never had a problem either, until I decided to try kde. Then I would
> have a crash usually once a day. I normally use Window Maker, under
> which netscape runs without a problem. Could this be the cause? KDE does
> set a bunch of x resources for colors and fonts, so maybe it does
> something that netscape doesn't like.

Hmm, that's an interesting thought. I don't run KDE (I run IceWM), but I
often have Netscape crashes. But I'm running on a 1MB older video card
and only 32MB RAM and am always getting messages from Netscape about not
having enough resources (or memory?) to set color pallettes (or somesuch
-- I just ignore the messages now so I don't remember what they say). So
it may be that the people having crashes have fewer "resources" than the
people not having crashes.