Re: Netscape

> Hmm, that's an interesting thought. I don't run KDE (I run IceWM), but I
> often have Netscape crashes. But I'm running on a 1MB older video card
> and only 32MB RAM and am always getting messages from Netscape about not
> having enough resources (or memory?) to set color pallettes (or somesuch
> -- I just ignore the messages now so I don't remember what they say). So
> it may be that the people having crashes have fewer "resources" than the
> people not having crashes.

Hmmm... I had never thought of that before... The message you may be 'forgetting' is
something like 'can't allocate color for default background' or something, given
ONLY when Java comes in... I have the same (I mean, *when* I enable Netscape's
sluggish Java support)... Like you, I have a *&%$# 1Mb video card (well, it *used* to
have 2Mb, until I tried some experiments with its bus clock XF86Config options)... I
don't think it has something to do with the problem (as I crash w/out java enabled),
but on the other hand... I have here both fvwm95 & KDE, and for some strange reason
Netscape seems to be more stable (even if slower) on KDE than on fvwm95 (my default
WM)... Could it be that it has something to do with resources and/or key/mouse
bindings? That's an interesting issue for the Gurus... ;-)

GZahn