Re: Newbie in need of help with dhcpcd

On Sun 08/22/99 10:47PM, Daniel Lesage wrote:
> At 18:24 22-08-99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >As for your second NIC, you might try the append command in your
> >lilo.conf like so:
>
> Hi Mark.
>
> You remind me I forgot to mention something:
>
> I can't use LILO on this system (interferes with some EZ-BIOS nonsense), so
> I'm using loadlin from DOS. My loadlin param file looks like:
>
> ether=10,0x230,0xc8000,0xcbfff,eth0
> ether=9,0x240,0xd0000,0xd3fff,eth1

What are those other numbers (3rd and 4th) for? Maybe you can
remove them and try again?

what messages do you get when you boot for your NICs? Mine reads
like:

  NET3: Unix domain sockets 0.13 for Linux NET3.035.

I have to scroll down a little to see:

  tulip.c:v0.89H 5/23/98 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
  eth0: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC at 0xe400, 00 a0 cc 22 71 e3, IRQ 5.
  eth0:  MII transceiver found at MDIO address 1, config 3100 status 7829.
  eth0:  Advertising 01e1 on PHY 1, previously advertising 01e1.

> Now, I plucked some of those numbers pretty much out of thin air (I kept
> the mem_start and mem_end parameters that were in the distributed file),
> but I'm under the impression they don't matter anyway. The IRQ and base
> address
> are correct, though.

Try taking those mem_start/end numbers out and see what happens.
I've never used loadlin so...?

--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __