Re: Easy way to determine where files are installed?

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 11:03:40PM -0700, André Bell wrote:
> ) I've finished my admin install and apache install of debian and am trying
> to figure out where all the *.conf files are copied to so I can edit them.

$ locate httpd.conf
/etc/apache/httpd.conf
/etc/apache/httpd.conf.0
/usr/doc/apache/examples/httpd.conf
/usr/doc/apache/examples/httpd.conf-dist-win.gz

Note that this only works after

/etc/cron.daily/find

has run (in other words, not immediately following a fresh install
unless you update the 'locate database' manually).

Luck,
Pann
--
What's All the Buzz About Linux?                    L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\