Easy way to determine where files are installed?

) I've finished my admin install and apache install of debian and am trying
to figure out where all the *.conf files are copied to so I can edit them.

I've logged in as root and looked in /bin /boot /dev /etc /home /user /root
and still cannot find httpd.conf so I can configure a host name for my new
install so I can have apache up and running. I may be going about trying to
configure my host all wrong.  Maybe there is another file I need to edit to
create a host name(?).  So, I'd like to know where it is so I don't have to
manually keep looking through 36,083 installed files to find it -- because
I've probably overlooked it already...

Thanks.

Andre