Start Fetchmail as Daemon at Boot?

Hi all,

I've been typing fetchmail -d 300 to start up fetchmail after
rebooting in order to get my mail. I seem to be rebooting often,
and it's becoming a PITA to keep starting fetchmail by hand.

I searched the archives on fetchmail and/or daemon, but I
coulding find any info on getting it to go at boot. Can someone
point me where to look to learn how to write scripts to put in
/etc/init.d so I can get stuff (like fetchmail) to start at boot?

I tried to put this in a script (chmodded it to 755 too):

  #!/bin/bash
  fetchmail -d 300

but that didn't seem to work.

Can someone enlighten me please?