Re: Possible to connect win95 to linux using ethernet boards?

André Bell wrote:

<snip>

> Oh, m linux pc also has win95 installed so once I have networked the two
> pc's together I can hopefully play head-to-head games once in a while with
> the kids :)

As to your original question, I've never done a
LinuxBox-DirectlyTo-WindowsBox ethernet connection, but I have
done a WindowsBox-DirectlyTo-WindowsBox ethernet connection. You
just have to use a crossover cable ("rolled" cable) or a
(mini-)hub.

PS: This assumes you're using twisted-pair cabling; I reckon you
could use thinnet (coax) if that's the type of NIC you have.

(BTW, if everyone but IBM calls it a Network Interface Card, and
IBM calls it a Network Adapter Card, shouldn't we refer to it as
a NIC/NAC?  Paddy-whack.... Sorry.)