Re: non-us-ascii characters

> > What's up? How can I have, at least, a consistent output (I mean, every
> > console app undestanding the keyboard the right way)?
>
> for bash (and all readline programs) create file ~/.inputrc with:
> (...)

Well... I forgot to say that I already had a .inputrc... anyway, I added
three of those escape sequences that you told me, but I still get the \350's
and such when use those characters... ;-/ Any other comments/suggestions?

> First, normal double quotes have code \042 not \250. You my have keyboard
> badly remapped. I see \250 on my terminal as double quotes, but half size.
> All programs use only \042.

Well... that's what I thought... and where do I change that? ;-)

> Second, your joe is configured for 7-bits characters, use it with option
> -asis or change /etc/Muttrc or ~/.muttrc.

Thanks! I did that, and solved the problem with joe... only one thing: that's
not .muttrc, but .joerc (and .jstarrc ;-)

[]'s

Guiherme Zahn