Re: A Pet Peeve about posting on the lists

	Subject: Re: A Pet Peeve about posting on the lists
	Date: Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 05:12:22PM -0400

Quoting William T Wilson(fluffy@snurgle.org):
> On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Wayne Topa wrote:
>
> > I just did an informal survey on which mailer program by those
> > offenders are using.
> >
> > Pine        8
>
> As a long-time Pine user (check the headers) I must confess that I have
> been occasionally guilty of the same offense.
>
> The problem is that, although Pine manages to set the in-reply-to:
> headers, etc. it does not give the user an opportunity to edit them - even
> if you turn on full header mode.
>
> If there's a way to get at that particular header, please, let me know.
>
> Which means that the uses is responsible for adding the mailing list to
> his address book, remembering the list address (heh), or... screwing up
> the threads.
>
> > Might it be that these mail programs have poor docs?  Might it be that
> > the people that use them don't realize how badly these posts mess up
>
> That's part of it (both of them).
>
> > the display of good MUA's.  Might it be OK for me to recommend that
> > they take a look at mutt.

So, are there any Pine experts out there that have figured out a
'good' way to edit the Full Headers?  I must confess that all
my experiences with Pine have been purged.

With mutt its easy, ,L to reply to a list, ,r to reply to an person,
and m  to start a new mail.  I would have thought Pine had a way to
generate a new mail.  Humm, it can only reply?

Well anyway, thanks for trying anyway.

Wayne

--
Real computer scientists don't program in assembler.  They don't write
in anything less portable than a number two pencil.