Re: A Pet Peeve about posting on the lists

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Wayne Topa wrote:

> I just did an informal survey on which mailer program by those
> offenders are using.
>
> Pine        8

As a long-time Pine user (check the headers) I must confess that I have
been occasionally guilty of the same offense.

The problem is that, although Pine manages to set the in-reply-to:
headers, etc. it does not give the user an opportunity to edit them - even
if you turn on full header mode.

If there's a way to get at that particular header, please, let me know.

Which means that the uses is responsible for adding the mailing list to
his address book, remembering the list address (heh), or... screwing up
the threads.

> Might it be that these mail programs have poor docs?  Might it be that
> the people that use them don't realize how badly these posts mess up

That's part of it (both of them).

> the display of good MUA's.  Might it be OK for me to recommend that
> they take a look at mutt.

Bah.