HP Laserjet 1100

Petru

>    * From: Petru NOTINGHER <petru@univ-montp2.fr>
>
> I have a HP1100 Printer + Scanner. I use magicfilter to
> print, but the best resolution I got is only 300 dpi
> (with the laserjetplus filter), whilst the printer
> supports 600 dpi.
>
> Does anybody knows what filter should be used for a
> better resolution on this printer?

I'm thinking of buying a Laserjet 1100 myself, so I was
doing a bit of browsing in DejaNews yesterday. This is from
there (comp.os.linux.hardware back in March I think): hope
it gives you some hints.

---included stuff---

>>  Has anyone got this printer working properly with
>>  ghostscript 5.10+? Taking a look at the 1100's page on
>>  HP and the ghostscript homepage, I see that the 1100
>>  supports PCL5e, whereas most of the  laserjets that
>>  ghostscript supports seem to be PCL3. I'm not too sure
>>  of the compatibilities between PCL5e and PCL3.. anyone
>>  got any experience with it?
>
> Well, part way.  I'm running gs-aladdin 5.50 (Debian
> packaging).  The printer is run via apsfilter, set up for
> PCL4.  Seems to work fine, if no fireball. It would be
> much faster to have a true PostScript printer (like at
> work). No real complaints so far, though.  Nice printing.
> If it is more reliable than the Brother printer that it
> replaced, I will be quite satisfied.

I have a HP 1100A and its has been working perfectly
using the HP Laserjet 4/5/6 selection from the RedHat
printer control panel, which of course sets up the
ghostscript preamble.

Here is my /etc/printcap

##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL ljet4 600x600 a4 {} LaserJet4
Default 1
page1:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/page1:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lp=/dev/lp1:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/page1/filter:
##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL ljet4 600x600 a4 {} LaserJet4
page2:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/page2:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lp=/dev/lp1:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/page2/filter:

---end included stuff---

BTW, here's the original URL if you want to check back over
the thread.

http://x21.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=457034208&search=thread&CONTEXT=932512608.720109754&HIT_CONTEXT=932512531.789381182&HIT_NUM=&hitnum=2

If this helps to get your printer going properly, I'd be
grateful if you'd let me know; also, any comments (good or
bad) on the HP 1100 would be welcomed.

> And, by the way, can the scanner be used under Linux ?

Dunno. Sorry.

Cheers

Dominic
Dominic Beecher     http://www.users.com/dbeecher/index.html
ªv¤j°ê­Y²i¤pÂA      Ruling a large state is like cooking a
                    small fish       -- Laozi, _Dao De Jing_