RE: More questions...

Chris,

I would suggest getting slink up and running first.  Then you can upgrade
away to your heart's content. I too tend to get into the upgrade habit.
Interesting that sometimes that becomes the end in itself really... :-)

On slink, I have had things work under debian that should have worked under
other distributions but didn't - particularly kernel/lib related stuff and
package setups. I am very impressed with the stability and robustness of the
dist and the deb/apt system.  It also gives a complete ability to upgrade
any or all packages.

Good luck.

Regards,

Jason.