Re: More questions...

Chris Concannon wrote:
> my problem is this: Which Debian version to use? I can't decide whether to
> install from my Slink CDs then upgrade everything (speaking of which, I
--------------------------------
If you are really into trying the bleeding edge, I suggest that you
install only the base system, and the necessary communications apps from
the slink c CD's, also apt. Edit /ect/apt/sources.list to include
potato. Connect to the net. Then do apt-get dist upgrade. this will
upgrade your base system to potato. Then you can use that fast cable
modem and dselect to pick what you want to install direct from potato.
This will be fast, and clean. I would also upgrade to the newest kernel
2.2.10 I think, as it will really improve the performance. I just
finished installing a system like this, and it only took about 3 hours
(ADSL network link). Have fun!!
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems