Re: Why is Windows faster ?

I need to chime in on this. I, with my untrained eye, can't tell the
difference in video performance b/w my Linux box at home and my Win95 box at
work. However, when my Win95 box which has 64 MB RAM starts to swap under
load, which it inevitably does, everything slows down, including the popups,
dialogs, menu pull downs, etc. The video performance becomes irritatingly
slow. Plus, the swapping doesn't stop after I close the programs that were
causing the swapping. Yes, X is somewhat inefficient. Yes, X is somewhat
clunky. But, the underlying OS is a hell of a lot more efficient than Windows.
And to my subjective eyes, that makes X's video performance better than
Windows' performance.