Why is Windows faster ?

I've searched a lot but can't find why is windows faster concerning the
graphics.

First, I'm sure, it's for the drivers : windows has optimised drivers and
my ATI Xpert@Play 4MB under Linux isn't as good as a poor  old S3v 1 or 2 Mb.
BTW, if anyone has found how to configure X so that the ATI driver is
really accelerated, I'm really interessed.

But, I tried with an S3 GX AGP, which seems to be supported well (Aren't
the S3 the better supported ?) and I think always that X isn't as fluid as
Windoze.
Opening windows, dialogs under gnome, KDE or something else doesn't give
the same impress that under Windows.
And before answering 'Ah ! I don't think that. My X is as fluid as
Windows or even better on my P233 + 48MB', please try rebooting under Windows.
Spend an half hour under X and the same time under Windows opening Windows,
dialogs, apps... and report me what you think.
Try seeing films under Xanim and under Windows Media Player and you will
maybe see the difference.

Please don't flame me, I just want to know if it's normal, if it will be
arranged or if it's just a configuration I didn't made.
--
|    .                               ICQ      : 25529539
|    | |\  | |  | \  /               AIM      : linhax
|___ | |  \| |__| /  \               IRC nick : linhax
Sami Dalouche : samid@ifrance.com    DHIS     : pingoo.dhis.org