Re: Why is Windows faster ?

No flames to you    :-)

My personal experience differs from yours.  However, recognize that X is a
network GUI as opposed to Windowz which is an "integral" GUI.

Even on a single workstation X is running as a client/server model.
Essentially every keystroke, mouse event, screen draw action, etc. must
traverse all but about two layers of the OSI model.

So the amazing thing is that X performance is so comparible to Windoz.