Re: Thanks

Hello,

Carley, Jason \(Australia\):
> I had a similar problem which I traced back to gpm running expecting a
> mouse on com1 when it was actually psaux.  My modem was on com1 but
> wvdial couldn't find it due to gpm interfering.

I had a problem like that with a digital camera once - I actually took it
back to the manufacturer to be tested!

Turns out that Windows CE Services grabs the COM port even when it's
disabled (at least under Win95).

The solution is to open the Windows CE Services Properties, enable it, and
change it to use the mouse COM port. It'll complain, but you can ignore
that. You won't be able to close the properties box, but the change *will*
take effect as long as the box is open.

Yes, that's two Win95 bugs, one minor and one major, in one posting.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently