Re: Remove funny files

Hello,

Allan M. Wind:
> On 1999-07-04 20:22, Rolf Edlund wrote:
>
> >   rm -i Backupfiles/--exclude=files.txt
>
> There are 2 tricks:
>
> 	1. rm -i * (say no to everything that you want to keep)

No, this doesn't work. The shell expands the `*', and rm is once again left
with a filename beginning with two dashes. I know, I have a lot of
ex-umsdos directories mounted over samba.

> 	2. rm -- FILE

That usually works, but not for all commands.

(One that comes to mind is "cd". You have to say "cd ./DIRECTORY".)

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently