Re: wmware on Debian

>> "JP" == John Pearson <john@huiac.apana.org.au> writes:

JP> On %M 0, Martin Bialasinski wrote

>> Currently I do something I do it the other way around. I run Debian
>> 2.0 on my 2.1 box. And it is fast enough. I compiled ~50% of the

JP> In case it hasn't occured to you, this really isn't a good idea.

Well, I am a developer. I want to run all the fine new and unstable
packages in full speed, so I use unstable. But I needed a stable
environment to compile and test the packages for the slink update, so
I use vmware for this.

And for testing upgrade, installation etc.you also need a stable box
you can really hit with the ability to restore things by simply
rejecting the changes on shutdown. Of cause there are cases where a
unstable vmware box for this purpose is best. Like testing the upgrade
to the upcoming prel 5.005 packages or such.

So to summarize it, yes, I know what I am doing :-)

Ciao,
	Martin