Re: wmware on Debian

On %M 0, Martin Bialasinski wrote

> >> "SL" == Steve Lamb <morpheus@rpglink.com> writes:
>
> SL> Yup.  Personally, I think for developers VMWare is something of a
> SL> godsend.  Imagine this simple situation, run VMWare on your
> SL> machine, give it ~16Mb or so, and then run Debian inside Debian.
> SL> The outer Debian is stable, the inner is unstable.
>
> Currently I do something I do it the other way around. I run Debian
> 2.0 on my 2.1 box. And it is fast enough. I compiled ~50% of the

In case it hasn't occured to you, this really isn't a good idea.  If they
both work anyway, then it doesn't matter; but if unstable is less reliable
or changing faster than stable (as seems reasonable) it makes more sense to
make your unstable, high-risk environment dependent on your stable, low-risk
environment than the other way around.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au