Shortcuts

Sofar I'm pretty happy with Linux, except for X Window. I haven't found one
window manager which makes it easy for a user to put a shortcut on the
desktop or in the application menu. I talk mainly about shortcuts for
Netscape and WP.

Sofar I've used fvwm95, icewm, qvwm and windowmaker, with the latter having
the nicest look, alas being also the least straight forward.

If I use my standard rule for Win95 software (if I can't understand the
basics of a program within 15 minutes I'll throw it off my computer) then I
would have thrown off X Window already a long time ago. I suspect I am
making a fundamental mistake about the usage of X and window managers, so
could some of you shed a light on this for me?

Hans