Re: Shortcuts

Actuall,y you're not making any mistakes about window-managers at all.
Window-manager don't have desktops for the most part.  At least none of
the ones you are using.  Most of the window-managers use configuration
files to setup buttons or shortcuts to programs through sime kind of
menuing system, wharf bar, or both.  KDE and Gnome (maybe others) offer
the ability to create shortcuts on the desktop like windows does.  If you
really want this feature, I'd suggest trying one of those
windowm-managers.  They're both a bit buggy, but KDE is farther along
than Gnome from what I've heard as far as stability is concerned.

								Rob