Re: Shortcuts

> Sofar I'm pretty happy with Linux, except for X Window. I haven't found one
> window manager which makes it easy for a user to put a shortcut on the
> desktop or in the application menu. I talk mainly about shortcuts for
> Netscape and WP.
>
> Sofar I've used fvwm95, icewm, qvwm and windowmaker, with the latter having
> the nicest look, alas being also the least straight forward.
>
> If I use my standard rule for Win95 software (if I can't understand the
> basics of a program within 15 minutes I'll throw it off my computer) then I
> would have thrown off X Window already a long time ago. I suspect I am
> making a fundamental mistake about the usage of X and window managers, so
> could some of you shed a light on this for me?
>
> Hans

 hmm... normally I have a keyboard shortcut to xexec or something,
and just type 'netscape' :) alot faster than grabbin' for the
mouse...

but i saw a package named gicon in the slink distro, haven't tried it
yet, but it claims it can place funny little shortcut-iconey-thingies
in the root windows (or desktop if you prefer).

Try it...

Jack :)