Re: update-menus, does it work? UPDATE 2

	Subject: Re: update-menus, does it work? UPDATE
	Date: Sun, May 09, 1999 at 05:50:07PM -0700

Quoting mguenthe@netcom.ca(mguenthe@netcom.ca):
> I don't know if this will help, but I encountered problems myself with
> update-menus, being unable to add menu entries for certain packages.  However
> I was able to manage a workaround by prefixing the package name with a
> "local."  For example:
>
> ?package(local.Eterm):\
> needs=X11\
> section=Personal\
> title="Eterm"\
> command="/usr/bin/Eterm --theme custom --name Eterm"
>
> It may not be pretty or proper but it seems to work.  Putting this is either
> ~/.menu/ or /etc/menu and running update-menus as a user or root causes the
> menu item to appear properly.  Hope this helps.
>
> MBG

Right!!  I found this out at 2 AM this morning!

Two kudos tho, it works here in only /etc/menu or ~/.menu.
It doesn't seem to work in /root/.menu.

Checking the output of update-menus doesn't even indicate it
even checks /root/.menu.  So I have not been able to remove the
netscape entries from Apps/net, yet.

Thanks for the post
--
User n.:
        A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.