Re: update-menus, does it work?

> ?package(gtcd):needs="x11" icon="none" section="Apps/Sound" \
> title="Gtcd" command="/usr/X11R6/bin/gtcd"
>
> but it still doesn't show up in the menu of any user after I run update-menus.
> Yet 2 removed apps are still showing up in the Users menu.

Did you run update-menu as yourself or as root? On my system I have to run
it as myself before it will add/remove the entries to/from my menu...even
for site-wide menu files.

Also note that the name in package(xxxx) should be the name of the package,
otherwise it won't add it to your menu..

--
Andrew Chung                    ac111@cornell.edu
See http://anderoo.dhs.org/~anderoo/pgp.html for PGP key

It's a sin only if you dwell on the what ifs and the but ifs