libc6(-dev) version problem in slink

I've been having a problem installing Debian standard packages.

The version of libc6 installed from the base diskettes was 2.0.7v-1 but
the version of libc6-dev listed as available from the ftp site is 2.0.7t-1
and it won't install insisting on the corresponding version of libc6.
(I've noticed that most of what is on the base diskettes is more recent
than what's on the stable ftp site.)

What should I do?

1) track down libc6 2.0.7t-1 and install that
2) track down libc6-dev 2.0.7v-t and install that
3) force the install of libc6-dev 2.0.7t-1

adTHANKSvance
Chris