Re: (mostly) SOLVED (was Re: Serial console w/ Debian: only partial output?

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:36:42 +0200, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

[...]
>Yes. The _kernel_ logs to both consoles, but whatever opens /dev/console
>connects to just _one_ console.

I see. Well, that makes it perfectly clear. Thanks for filling me in!

>> The problem seems to be related to kernel logging (klogd), since klogd
>> doesn't log ALL messages to syslogd either (there are the SAME lines
>> missing in /var/log/kern.log as in the cases described above.)
>
>klogd only logs kernel messages, it doesn't log what is written
>to /dev/console as those are not kernel messages.

I must have been stupid not to recognize this myself. :-(

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\