Re: More Star Office 5.0

Robert Rati wrote:

> I got Star Office to install finally thanks to everyones help.  I
> installed it as root, figuring it would be a network type application, but
> since it's the personal edition I'm guessing only the person that
> installed it can use it, right?
-------------------------------------
uninstall it using the uninstall feature

remove all of the directories that it created manually including the dot
files in any user directory including /root

reinstall as root using this command
"/usr/local/so50/office50_inst/setup /net "
you may have placed the install directory somewhere else than /usr/local
you made that choice when you untarred the file.

read the install docs, readmes etc. and follow the directions to install
EACH of your users.

---------------------------------------

 When I try to run it as my user account,
> it asks me to insert the Star Office disk.  Is there any way to install
> this so all users can use it, or will everyone have to install their own
> versions?  Thanks.
begin:vcard
n:Foster;John
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.advance-computing.com
org:AdVance-Computing Systems;WHQ
version:2.1
email;internet:jfoster@augustmail.com
title:Owner
note:We Build Multi-Processor Computers
adr;quoted-printable:;;Stonetrail Drive=0D=0ASuite  A;Plano;Texas;75023-7223;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;22240
fn:John Foster
end:vcard