Re: More Star Office 5.0

Robert Rati <ratirh@cs.purdue.edu> writes:

> I got Star Office to install finally thanks to everyones help.  I
> installed it as root, figuring it would be a network type application, but
> since it's the personal edition I'm guessing only the person that
> installed it can use it, right?  When I try to run it as my user account,
> it asks me to insert the Star Office disk.  Is there any way to install
> this so all users can use it, or will everyone have to install their own
> versions?  Thanks.

You need to install it with the /net option.  As root, run setup /net.
That will put the basic installation in /opt/Office50.  Then each user can
run setup and get a basic setup in their home dir.

UUbudr ~ $ du -sc /opt/Office50/
151264  /opt/Office50
151264  total
UUbudr ~ $ du -sc ~/Office50/
10321   /home/budr/Office50
10321   total

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>	http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/twocups.gif

  Linux twocups 2.0.36 #5 Mon Mar 15 21:01:56 CST 1999 i586 unknown
  5:45pm  up 34 days, 19:29,  4 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.45, 0.39