Re: Some email bounces = misconfigured exim?

Maybe you have a ppp connection like me?
I run qmail from home, and I have a file in the ip-up directory like this:
This sets the 'HELO' response to the correct reverse lookup is for my IP.
You may want to try something similar/different for your MTA.

----------begin '/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/6_set_qmail_hostname'----------
#!/bin/sh

# copies the new hostname to the qmail control file
QCD=/etc/qmail
ME=`host $PPP_LOCAL | head -1 | cut -d" " -f2`
echo "$ME" > $QCD/helohost
-----------end '/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/6_set_qmail_hostname'----------

A similar file in ip-down.d/ removes the helohost file on disconnect.

I found this technique in a page linked off the qmail pages.
Hope this is useful.

- Marsh