Re: Some email bounces = misconfigured exim?

George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com> writes:

> On 16 Apr 1999, Arcady Genkin wrote:
>

> > Hi all:
> > It happened for the second time - an email bounced because I happen to
> > have invalid domain name (i.e. my local domain name) in some
> > header.
> >
> > Please advise where do dig. :(
> >
> > My local user@machine.domain address (intranet): antipode@main.wgaf.net
> > My real email address: genkin@sympatico.ca
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Here's the mailer's complaint: ------------------------------------------
> >
> > A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients. The
> > following address(es) failed:
> >
> >   my.addressee@transas.com:
> >     SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:
> >     <antipode@main.wgaf.net> SIZE=2301:
> >     host anguish.transas.com [193.125.200.2]:
> >     501 <antipode@main.wgaf.net>... Sender domain must exist
> >

> Here is your problem:
>
> corsica# nslookup main.wgaf.net

Thanks. I kinda understood that. However, I don't have a permanent IP,
forget the domain name. wgaf.net - made up domain name for my home
LAN. But I still want to have this address for the internal mail (from
system services and other users).

I don't understand it - why doesn't that mailer look at my From:
header to determine and check the validity of my email address? I do
have a valid address specified there.

Thanks,

--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE