Re: Some email bounces = misconfigured exim?

Dan Brosemer writes:
> But first of all, the exact nature of the problem is, as I believe you
> both guessed, that smtp1.sympatico.ca verifies the domain that is sent in
> the MAIL FROM: line.  Note that it doesn't care about you being inside
> the sympatico.ca domain.

Same here.  Bizarre, isn't it?  What the hell is the point in verifying the
domain if they are going to believe whatever you tell them?

> The only time it ends up in the bit bucket is if I go offline before the
> undeliverable mail bounces (rare).

I am rarely online for more than a few minutes at a time.  Thus this won't
work for me.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)