Re: Some email bounces = misconfigured exim?

Dano writes:
> Are you trying to deliver mail yourself or using the smtp1.sympatico.ca
> as a smarthost?  I'd reccomend the latter as it saves you bandwidth and
> is easier to configure.  It sounds like you're doing the former.

If he is, he will run into several problems.  Some servers will do a lookup
on his IP and reject him if it doesn't resolve to the reverse_path he
gives.  The trick I suggested earlier of grabbing the IP from ppp, looking
it up, and editing the MTA configuration will solve that (so will dhs), but
some servers are now blocking connections to port 25 from any dynamic IP
address.  Nothing you can do about that.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)