Re: Debian vs. RedHat

Yes, dselect isn't perfect. It doesn't have the most intuitive UI but...

It'll also do the most amazing, surprising thing... actually work!
Even when I don't expect it to work, it works!

Several times while upgrading from hamm or whatever and seeing a list
of 100 packages needing to be upgraded, I've doubted that dselect
would sort out all the dependencies, etc. etc.

Bam, run Install a couple times and things magically fix
themselves. Amazing! Fully upgraded and running w/o a hitch.

I'll forgo the useless UI feature set for something that just works.

Jae