Re: Debian vs. RedHat

Jae W. Chang:
> Yes, dselect isn't perfect. It doesn't have the most intuitive UI but...

Can I nominate that for the understatement of the month? :-)

> I'll forgo the useless UI feature set for something that just works.

Another wonderful thing with dselect is that you can mix it with calls to
dpkg.

Sometimes I want handholding, and sometimes I know what I'm doing.

dpkg is also useful if I've downloaded a single package off somewhere, have
it sitting on the disk and I want to install just that.

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently